Guys. I turned 25 at the end of July and I can hardly believe it!
I have been alive for a quarter of a century (sounds older now, doesn’t it?)
I’m at the point in my life where I’m supposed to be an adult, and I don’t even know how I got here. Some days I still think I’m 17- I definitely feel 17 most days. So just for fun, I wanted to share 25 thoughts on being 25!
- I’m a quarter of a century. I know I said that earlier… but seriously. Think about that for a second.
- I have been married for 4 years!
- I have 2 beautiful children. I never would have guessed I’d be a mommy of two by the time I was 25!
- Drinking coffee is no longer for fun, is a necessity.
- I wear my hair in a “mom bun” a lot more than I am proud of. I guess two kids will do that to you.
- Putting on real clothes is a lot of work. I love my sweat pants. And they love me.
- I pull all nighters, but not for fun anymore. Kids will do that to you.
- I’ve gained some weight, and it isn’t the end of the world. I was so worried about my weight growing up, now I’m worried about what my kid just ate off the floor.
- I have gained a deep appreciation for area rugs. They really make a space feel like home.
- I don’t always need to wear makeup. Who has time for that?
- I NEED alone time. Even if its just for a few minutes hiding in the bathroom. Having some peace and quiet.
- My mom is one of my best friends, I wish I wouldn’t have appreciated her more when I was living at home.
- Highschool friendships really can last a life time.
- Changing lighbulds is not my strong point. I haven’t seen whats really in my closet in almost a month….
- I didn’t like to cook when I was 20. I still don’t like to cook at 25… I was hoping this would change. So was my husband.
- Sometimes I have to say no to fun things, because I just can’t cope. And that is OK. I don’t always have to make it to the play group or Bible study. Sometimes I just need to stay home, in my pajamas and mom bun.
- Pay your bills. On time. All the time. It will affect your credit and someday you will want to buy a house and it will matter.
- Sometimes I like to trick my 3 year old into coloring, so that I can pull out my grownup coloring book and join him.
- Birthdays get less exciting every year. And less people remember them.
- I love shopping online. I used to be scared to order things without trying them on… now I’m more scared to take my kids into a store…. let alone a tiny dressing room.
- Flying still freaks me out. Another thing I was hoping would change.
- I like nice things. I don’t need a lot of things, just a few really nice things.
- I LOVE naps. Like, I really love them. Especially when my kids take them.
- It’s not all about me. Wait, what? My husband and my family come first, and I’m not always great at that but I am realizing it more and more as I get older.
- Being 25 does not make me feel like an adult. Waking up and realizing I’m a wife and a mom is still so crazy to me!
Here is to another year, I know it will hold more than I can imagine. I can’t wait to see what God had planned for me.